The Comprehensive Plan, the city’s most important land-use law, is amended every 10 years, and 2017 is the start of the amendment cycle. The Comprehensive Plan guides growth and change in the District. Zoning changes and development decisions are required to be consistent with the plan. The DC Office of Planning develops the Plan and the Council approves the plan. CHRS has proposed several amendments to protect Capitol Hill.
CHRS proposed amendments to:
- Preserve the 45-foot building height limit near the Navy Yard Maintain Zoning
- Preserve public access to the Anacostia River Pedestrian Access Setback from Anacostia
- No new road on the west side of the Anacostia River No New Road Connecting Neighborhoods
- Improve pedestrian and bike access to the Anacostia River Pedestrian Access
- Promote cleanup of the Anacostia River Environmental Protections Anacostia
- Include the entire Capitol Hill area, including near Southeast, in the Capitol Hill Planning area. Correct the Capitol Hill Boundaries