Celebrate 65 Years of Touring! Saturday, May 7, 4 – 7 pm – Sunday, May 8, 1 – 5 pm
(some activities begin before the main tour hours, see below)
The Capitol Hill Restoration Society’s annual House & Garden Tour is one of the highlights of the Capitol Hill calendar. After two years of outdoor-only and virtual tours, we are planning for a hybrid event with in-person locations, virtual tours, and walking tours. Don’t miss this special Mother’s Day weekend treat. On-line sales have ended but tickets, if still available, can be purchased at the “will call” location, Hill Center, tour weekend – $40 – check, cash, or PayPal (phone app). f you want virtual-only tickets (3D scans of the private homes) they are available through Tuesday, May 10 at Eventbrite. Need help completing your purchase? Send email to HouseTourCHRS@gmail.com.
Homes and other tour stops may be visited in any order during main tour hours (Saturday, 4 – 7 pm; Sunday, 1 – 5 pm), except as noted below.
Ticket purchasers will be emailed a link to the virtual tour, on or shortly before, tour weekend. The URL will also appear on the paper ticket.
All tour-goers (no exceptions) will be required to provide proof of full vaccination and ID to collect their paper tickets and wristbands at “will call.” Unfortunately, this means that we will not be able to accommodate any children younger than 5. Masks will be required in all indoor locations and while on private property. [If health conditions warrant, private residences will switch to virtual-only.]
Homes and other tour stops:
- 921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE (enter from E Street) – Hill Center – TOUR CENTRAL – Will-call open from 2:30 – 7 pm on Saturday and 12:30 – 5 pm on Sunday (plus Hill Center’s 2022 regional juried art exhibit, rest facilities, snack “go bags”). Tours at 3 pm each day.
- 224 8th St. SE (virtual and in-person) – modern/contemporary art and artifacts from manned space programs
- 620 G St. SE – Christ Church (tours, rest facilities)
- 528 6th St. SE (virtual only) -Native Alaskan crafts, cleverly refurbished family heirlooms, and a hand-made muppet
- 504 6th St. SE (virtual and in-person) – unusual floor plan with second floor porch and a delightful garden
- 725 5th St. SE #21 – Lenox Condos (virtual and in-person) – abundant light and sentimental furnishings in a repurposed school building
- 514 4th St. SE #201 – Churchill Condos (virtual and in-person) – amazing custom built-ins and art collected from around the world
- 514 4th St. SE #301 – Churchill Condos (virtual and in-person) – dramatic space, new owners since featured on WETA, “If You Lived Here”
- 313 2nd St. SE – St. Peter’s Catholic Church (tours, rest facilities, Sunday only 1 – 4:15 pm)
- 313 2nd St. SE – St. Peter’s rectory (in-person, Sunday only 1 – 4:30 pm)
- Self-guided walking tour of St. Peter’s environs
- Docent-led walking tours: High Life and Low Points – alleys north of East Capitol St. and west of 7th St. NE – Saturday, 3:30 & 5:30 pm; Sunday, 1:30 & 4:30 pm. Starting location: Triangle park bounded by the 600 blocks of Massachusetts & Constitution Ave. NE. Dogs cannot be accommodated.