We will offer guided outdoor walking tours the weekend of October 7 & 8, 2023. Tickets ($15) are available through Eventbrite.
Tickets for the September 16 & 17 tours sold out, so don’t delay in making your reservation.
- Building Capitol Hill: a neighborhood’s history in just one block -(150+ year history of the architectural, economic and social trends that shaped our neighborhood). Sunday, September 17 & October 8
- Parks – Treasures of Capitol Hill (a primer in community development from the L’Enfant Plan to present – the history of Marion and Garfield Parks and their surrounding neighborhood) Sunday, October 8
- The Civil War and Before – (learn about early residents of Capitol Hill, their homes, work, and community). Saturday, September 16 & October 7
- SE Capitol Hill Alleys – (a trip back in time to explore the workaday world of both residential and commercial uses). Sunday, September 17 & Saturday, October 7
- Our Industrial Past (industrial and commercial sites, many of which have been repurposed). Saturday, September 16
Thanks to the community for keeping CHRS part of Capitol Hill for 67 years! If you haven’t yet, please become a member.